Friday, January 9, 2009

First Well Baby Exam & Vaccine

E had her first well baby exam and vaccination last night.  She's doing very well - growing like a weed.  She's gained 3 lbs 4oz and almost 2 inches since birth.  She's in the 50th percentile for length, and 75th for weight.  She's also in the 50th percentile for length/weight ratio.

We're doing the alternate vaccination schedule listed in The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert Sears.  Last night she got the DTaP vaccine.  She did very well.  I stuck my finger in her mouth to suck, so when she got the shot, she just got really red and gave me a look of shock, pain and betrayal, and sucked my finger harder for a little while.  I nearly cried.  It will be harder for me next month when she has to get TWO shots.

She seems to be doing well now.  She was a little fussy at bedtime last night, but she slept well - 4 hours, and then nursed and slept another three.  After that nursing, she slept another two while I took a shower and got some cleaning done around the house.  There's no swelling, and she was a super-happy baby this morning.  We played a little bit and she let out a couple happy shrieks for the first time.  That was really cool!

This afternoon we're going to Starbucks to meet some of the women from our playgroup that we attend at the hospital on Tuesdays.  That will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment