Friday, January 21, 2011

28 Weeks

Back to baby #2. I'm 28 weeks pregnant today. I have officially entered my third trimester. I have 12 weeks to go! Yippie! Unfortunately, this also marks the phase where I become bigger than a house, can't fit into any of my shoes, can no longer walk at a reasonable pace, get heartburn for no apparent reason, and have to drink that nasty sugar drink for the gestational diabetes test. Blech!

Monday is the day. When I did it in my last pregnancy, I tested positive the first time, and had to take the day-long test. I cried and cried when I found out. I thought I had done something wrong and I had ruined my child. Luckily, it turned out that I didn't have it, and everything was fine. But pregnancy hormones being what they are, I couldn't help myself. I hope I pass the test on the first try this time. I hated having to drink that nasty, thick, syrupy stuff. And with this pregnancy, I'm not even into sugar like I was with E, so it'll be even worse.

Hmmm...what else is going on? Oh, I have heartburn. I have it so bad that the other night, I woke up with nose burn. Seriously. I had acid all the way up my esophagus and into my nose. The only upside to that is that I'm also getting sick, so I was able to breathe through one of my nostrils that night because the acid ate away at the thick mucus in my nose. But I'm now sleeping sitting in a semi-upright position, with pillows all around. I don't remember having to do this so soon with E. I haven't begun to notice the 3am trains yet, so I guess that's a plus. Perhaps I'm just so freaking exhausted from work and dealing with a toddler that I can't be bothered with waking up to the trains.

Another interesting note is that when I wake up, and L moves around, I go back to sleep pretty quickly. That never happened with E. When she danced in my belly, I could not get back to sleep. After she was born, I missed the feeling, so I wonder if having it again is so comforting that it's putting me back to sleep. Whatever the reason, I'm loving it! Go, L, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment