Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day.  It very well may beat out Halloween as my favorite holiday.  I had total strangers stopping me in the street to wish me a happy Mother's Day.  You don't even get that on your birthday, unless you're wearing a sign.  That was pretty cool.

The day started out the same as usual - Paul & I got up, he took a long shower, I followed, thinking I would run out of hot water.  Then I got the Belchigator ready for church.  Paul was lounging on the couch.  I scanned the living room, looking for two socks that matched and found some next to the TV.  I got them on the kiddo, then asked Paul if he was ready to go.  He said we didn't have to leave just yet, so I got him to scoot over on the couch so I could snuggle with him and E.  Mind you, all this happened in the span of about 10 minutes.  We sat on the couch for another minute or two, and then I saw them - two giant gift bags on the floor, inches from where I had been standing.  How the heck did I miss that?  I thought it was magic, because typically, I'm a present hound.  I can sniff one out pretty quickly, and then I must open it immediately.  Paul thought that maybe I changed, and wasn't quite as crazy about presents.  My mind probably just couldn't comprehend the fact that there were presents waiting for me, so it chose not to register them.

From Paul, I received the cutest metal planter - made to look like a dog.  He also informed me that a plant comes with it, but he wants me to pick it out.  Now I have to decide what I want.

From E, I got a box of Godiva chocolates.  I'm trying not to eat the whole box in one sitting.  It's very difficult, but I want to savor every one.  So far I've had a couple raspberry filled chocolates, and a dark choclate ganache, and a white choclate wafer.  It's divine.

After church, we had brunch at Sweet Tomatoes, then we took a walk down to the Tigard Farmer's Market.  The Tigard Farmer's Market is lame compared to Beaverton, but it was a good walk, and I got more strangers to wish me a happy Mother's Day.  We came home and E took a three hour nap at 6:30, and when we went to bed at 10, she complied, even though at 9:45 she was wide awake and full of squeals.  So to the end, it was a perfect Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment