Tuesday, August 5, 2008

3 Months and Counting...

I've hit the 3 month mark. Three more months until my due date. I'm entering into the home stretch -- the third trimester. It's a little daunting.

The Belchigator was up all day yesterday, beginning at 4am. I must've slept a total of 30 minutes between 4 & 6. For the rest of the day, she did back flips, summersaults and high kicks. She must have known it was my birthday.

Paul bought me bling yesterday. I'm not a jewelery person. The most expensive piece I own is my wedding band, and it's about 1/10 the price of most people's engagement rings. When he said he wanted to get me jewelery, I was expecting to go to the Made in Oregon store and pick out a couple necklaces and earrings from the local artists... totalling about $35. Instead, we went to the Hawaiian jewelery store where I fell in love with a turtle pendant with a beautiful firey green opal in it. The price tag -- $839. That's more than our mortgage payment. I nearly shit myself and wanted to run screaming from the store. We finally settled on a plumeria pendant with a small diamond in the middle for a much more reasonable price. The five petals of the plumeria symbolize sincerity, faith, devotion, aspiration and surrender. We liked that.


No comments:

Post a Comment