Friday, April 18, 2008

Grapefruit

My uterus is the size of a grapefruit. This is good news. Because I've been so sick, my friends at work have been teasing me that I'm carrying twins. Luckily, at our appointment last night, I was informed that my uterus is the size of a grapefruit, which is a very good indication that I have just one baby in my belly. If I had two, it would be significantly bigger.

We also got the chance to hear the Belchigator's heartbeat. It was pretty cool. It kinda sounded like a choo-choo train (without the choo-chooing, of course). Mostly it was this rhythmic ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch sound. When the midwife first put the doppler on my belly, I heard nothing but static. And then we heard my heartbeat. She said "Can you hear it? There's yours, and then the faster one is the baby's." I simply looked at her like she had three heads and thought 'do I even have a baby in my belly? What's wrong? I can't hear anything!' And then she got good reception and all we heard was the "ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch" of the Belchigator's heartbeat. It was waaaaay cool. She took the doppler off my belly much too soon. I would have been very content to hang out for a few more hours listening. Now I have to wait 4 more weeks. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment